With seventy-fourstudents in the first four grades, Holy TrinitySchool opened on September 12, 1949. The original schoolwas housed in the parishhall which had been partitioned to form four classrooms and a small hall at the back of the building. A new two story, eight room structure replaced the smallerschool building in 1965.
Holy Trinity School has been staffed by two orders of sisters. The Sisters of the Immaculate Heart directed education from 1949 to 1968. Felician Sisters replaced the Immaculate Heart Order from 1968 to 1992, after which the Immaculate Heart Sisters returned from 1992 to 1995.
In spring, 2008, the decision was made to close St. Casimir School at 2714 St. George St., Los Angeles, CA due to declining enrollment. At that time The Department of Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles invited the pastor and principal of Holy Trinity School to determine the feasibility of adding the St. Casimir campus to Holy Trinity School to accommodate any students affected by that school’s closure and to permit program expansion for Holy Trinity School at both campuses. This plan, approved by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, was enacted beginning August 2008. The operation of the two campuses, “The Academy” for Kindergarten through grade five and “The Prep” for grades six through eight, provided additional space for both programs. In 2013 a Transitional Kindergarten program was added at The Academy and 5th grade was moved to The Prep. In 2016, the decision was made that the students and families would be best served by returning to one campus for all grades, and so relocation was completed in March of 2016.
Holy Trinity School currently serves 150 children grades TK – 8 on the original Boyce Avenue campus next to the Church. The school is led by the pastor of Holy Trinity Parish and a lay principal, and staffed with a lay faculty.
The school is fully accredited by WCEA / WASC through June 2017.
Ms. Karen Lloyd
3716 Boyce Ave.