Established in 1959 by our founding pastor, Msgr. Paul Stroup, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish School was one of the first Catholic schools to educate children in the western San Fernando Valley. The Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary prepared, formed, and empowered students in their care for the next forty-two years. They watched the school grow from a single building with eight classrooms to its double-winged sixteen classroom capacity of today, including the addition of a Kindergarten and extended day program.
Through his decades long leadership, then pastor, Msgr. Peter Moran, saw the school through many changes including the hiring of its first lay principal, Mrs. Patty Hager. She worked tirelessly to ensure that Our Lady of Lourdes was a technology rich learning environment. In 2014, under the pastoral guidance of Fr. David Loftus, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish School welcomed Mr. Kris Brough as the school’s second lay principal. Building upon the firm foundation established by the Sisters and Mrs. Hager the school has realized a 1:1 curricular model and initiated a dynamic Transitional Kindergarten.
Mr. Kris Brough
18437 Superior St.