Founded in 1956 by Msgr. Collins and staffed by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet, Saint Lawrence Martyr School has served the community of Redondo Beach with excellence in education, rigorous academic programs, and spreading the message of Catholicism.
St. Lawrence Martyr School is a parochial, elementary school located in the city of Redondo Beach, CA. The school served the people in this area of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles since 1956. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondolet opened the school in 1956 with an enrollment of 350 students.
In 1957, the enrollment doubled and four classrooms were added. Through the years, the enrollment grew to 931 which was the maximum in 1961, and from then until now has decreased due to phasing out of classrooms as directed by the Archdiocesan Education Department.
At present, 305 students are enrolled in 11 classrooms that include Developmental Kindergarten through Grade Eight. In 1995, extended day care for St. Lawrence students was added to the plant.
1950 S. Prospect Ave.